KGI Securities (Singapore) | Scam Alert
Dear Valued Client,
It has come to our attention that some unknown individuals/entities have been impersonating our KGI brand (凯基) by creating a mobile application as shown below.
Victims would receive download links from these cyberattackers with instructions to install the application on their mobile devices.
We wish to clarify that all download links or installation files for applications related to KGI should only be accessed through our official communication channels. DO NOT install any applications from links that you have received from a third party.
Mobile Application icon
(Click on image to enlarge)
Recent reports have shown that nearly 400 people have fallen prey to phishing scams in the first two weeks of November.
Phishing attacks are the practice of sending fraudulent communications that appear to come from a reputable source. Victims would receive email or text messages from people impersonating known or trusted entities which contain fake claims to con recipients into clicking on a phishing weblink or install applications on their mobile devices.
How to protect yourself against phishing attacks and scams
- DO NOT click on links provided in suspicious emails and SMSes received from unknown senders.
- End a call if you suspect anything is amiss. Always call our KGI Securities (Singapore) customer service team to verify a call, if in doubt.
- DO NOT give your confidential information (e.g. your login credentials) to anyone.
- DO NOT transfer money to people you do not know. When in doubt, speak to your account manager or check with our customer service team.
- DO NOT install mobile applications other than those available on the KGI Securities (Singapore) website.
Click on the link below to learn more and protect yourself: